New Zealand is host to some of the most breath-taking beaches in the world. Oceanfront venues are undeniably romantic, but there are certain things that must be considered. Schupepe has had the honour of providing our weather-proof wedding marquees for so many happy couples over the years, so we are well aware of the little things that need to be considered when planning a beach wedding. Listed below are some helpful tips.
1. Expect Mother Nature to Turn Up, Weather She is Invited or Not!
It is always best to prepare for the worst. New Zealand is no stranger to the rain so it would be wise to hire a marquee to protect your guests from the elements. You may also want to remind your guests to come prepared with sunglasses, hats, and wraps in case it gets chilly in the evening. Favours such as jandals, travel-size bottle of sunscreen, insect repellent, and programmes that double as fans are great choices for a beach wedding.
2. Appropriate Beach Wedding Attire
Beach weddings are less formal, so a formal bridal gown with a long train may not be your best choice. There are a wide variety of bridal gowns that use light fabrics like chiffon or sheer silk. If you will be saying your I Do’s in the sand, it may be necessary to wear sandals or even go barefoot. Your marquee will have flooring, so you can put your high heels on for the reception. You may want to put your hair up for the ceremony if you are having it outside as the wind will whip it in your face.
3. Little Extras To Make Your Beach Wedding Run Smoothly
• Have a de-sanding station somewhere handy where guests can wipe the sand from their feet!
• Make sure you have a good sound system in place as the surf can be noisy!
• Ensure that there is plenty of seating options, both inside and outside of the marquee
• There is no need to go overboard on the décor for a beach wedding, let Mother Nature work for you!
While there are limitless amounts of options for outdoor venues for your Summer Wedding, Schupepe has a limited amount of marquees available for this summer season. Contact us today for your free on-site visit.